To help you learn some more advanced FE modelling techniques with Salomé/Aster, we are publishing a set of examples showing the following capabilties:
- Assembly: modelling of assemblies of several CAD parts (geometry compounds and joning meshes).
- Contact: interference fit analysis (contact modelling & axisymmetric FE analysis).
- Modal: modal analysis of a F1 front wing (modal analysis & laminated composite shells)
- Ensight: how to use Ensight output database for post processing
- Plasticity: plastic deformations of a steel structure (plastic material behaviour & non-linear statics solver)
- Thermomeca: transient thermomechanical analysis of a steel structure (transient thermal analysis and coupled thermo-mechanical stress analysis).
These examples have been developed for CAELinux Beta 2 i.e Salome v3.x and Code-Aster 8.x !! They can still be useful to understand how to proceed in more recent releases but running the Code-Aster commands file may require significant editing as the syntax may have changed.
- Interactions between Salomé & Aster (Approach2.pdf): Media:Approach2.pdf
- Assembly example : Media:assembly.tar.gz
- Contact example : Media:contact.tar.gz
- Ensight example : Media:ensight1.tar.gz
- Modal analysis example: Media:modal.tar.gz
- Plasticity example: Media:plasticity.tar.gz
- Thermomechanics example: Media:thermomeca.tar.gz